Less Visited Sites – Duration 6-7 hours
About this tour:
This is one of my favorite tours - calm atmosphere and fantastic landscape
When I started my company, I wanted to do my best to have my guests that visit Iceland, to experience my country as it was before all the tourists.
Because Iceland is so much more than just the golden circle and the south shore and many who visit us, are looking for the peace and quiet, Iceland was known for a few years ago.
On this tour I try my best to give you this feeling where you experience places and nature, without the hassle of massive number of tourists. Of course I can´t promise no traffic at all, but at least we are not where all the large tour buses are working.
- We start by taking a little sight-seeing in my home town – a typical small town in the capital area. Our first stop is at the most authentic souvenir and wool store you will find in Iceland. It is a very interesting place visit and located by the town´s river. I know that a souvenir shop might not sound interesting, but believe me, this one is!
- We make our next stop by one of the churches in the area – and even though we can´t visit it on the inside, the view from there and the architecture of the church is worth the visit.
- From there we drive to one of Iceland´s waterfalls, where a scene from the famous TV series „Game of Thrones“ was filmed – The scene is from season 4, episode 10 to be precise :).
- After that we drive through the country sides, make a stop at a small local café - located by a peaceful lake in between two mountains - before hitting the road of the beautiful Hvalfjördur, a fjord full of history and beautiful nature sites.
- Finally we visit the town of Akranes, not so much visited by the large tour bus companies, so the town is never crowded. There you will be able to get a cup of coffee or grab a bite at any of the local restaurants and we literally top the tour when visiting their famous light house. What a view!
- Then we head back to the capital area, which is on the other side of the bay from Akranes, driving through tunnels underneath the mouth of the Hvalfjörður fjord where we just spent time in earlier on this tour.
– Price per adult: 9.900,- ISK.-
Children up to 14 years – 50% off
INCLUDED ON THIS TOUR:
Your local English speaking guide
Icelandic chocolate bites (´cause you are never too sweet)
Luxury mini-bus with max 15 guests
Admission to the Akranes lighthouse
NOTE: lunch is not included, we make a stop somewhere for lunch, you can also bring packed lunch if you prefer