Trolls & Horses – Duration 7 hours
About this tour:
Perfect tour for families - it really isn´t scary! It is just such a cute tour!
- This tour is perfect for families as when designing it we tried our best to fulfill the needs of our youngest guests. But if you are an animal lover and want to get to know how locals live on their farms, then the tour is perfect for what ever age you are. And you still see amazing landscape and the most wonderful waterfalls!
- We drive from the capital area towards the west and visit the beautiful area of Borgarfjörður.
- Our first stop will be at the so called: Troll Garden, where we take a short and easy walk among troll statues and enjoy the amazing view over a nearby river and a waterfall.
Great photo opportunities with the trolls!
- From the Troll Garden we drive ourselves all the way to the Hraunfossar, an amazing Lava waterfalls - simply unique!
At the site we also see the Barnafoss waterfall and learn the tragic folk story about the destiny of the children who tried to pass the river but sadly couldn´t make it across. Lunch is possible at the restaurant here (not included).
- From this beautiful site, we head back and visit a horse farm, where we get to meet the local farmers who live there. But first and foremost we are here to meet the horses. But we are taken to the stables where we can pet and take selfies of us with those friendly creatures. Unforgettable memories!
- It is time to move on and we want to see more friendly animals, right? Our next stop is at a goat farm where we are also able to pet and meet locals at this special Icelandic farm.
- Then we head home again, with pockets full of great memories!
- Price per adult: 11.900.- ISK -
Children up to 14 years 50% off
INCLUDED ON THIS TOUR:
Your local English speaking guide
Luxury mini-bus with max 15 guests
Icelandic Chocolate bites (to make you even sweeter)
Admission to the two farms
NOTE: Lunch is not included.
You can also bring your own food if picnic is preferred